- Medcan has established itself as a market leader in wellness with a head-to-toe physical, fitness facilities, and nutrition advice. Now, the company is deepening and expanding its mental health offering.
- Same-day results are critical to Medcan’s offering, but many cognitive assessment tools take hours, or require post-test scoring and analysis.
- Scalability is also crucial—tests need to be repeatable, easily integrated into a complex clinical operation, and remotely administered to off-site patients.
- Creyos Health meets Medcan’s needs with a fast, scalable online cognitive assessment platform.
- The Medcan Mind station is now included as part of the annual assessment, starting with a 20 to 25-minute Creyos Health assessment.
- Practitioners now accurately measure current brain health, and monitor for changes across yearly assessments. The assessments inform recommendations for improving brain health, and verify the effectiveness of interventions.
- Creyos Health’s engaging tests improve the patient experience, acting as a key component to understanding and optimizing their overall health.
- Simple but powerful reports provide practitioners with easy-to-interpret data that improves their ability to offer exercise and nutrition coaching.
- Medcan’s corporate sales opportunities have expanded, adding mental wellness offerings that capitalize on recent trends in enhancing mental wellness in the workplace.
Medcan is Improving Health, Head to Toe
Medcan was founded in 1987 to provide personalized health care, with highly focused care, prevention, and treatment. A key part of the practice is direct consultation with a physician, which includes reviewing test results immediately, without lengthy waits. The result is that patients are able to quickly and regularly gain critical information regarding their well-being, and to work with their physician to maintain and improve it.
Medcan’s yearly health assessments include diagnostic tests tailored to the patient’s needs. These tests traditionally focused on health below the neck, but but brain health is just as important. Medcan has introduced Creyos Health into Medcan’s repertoire in order to offer truly head-to-toe evaluations that allow patients to proactively manage their overall health.
Mental Well-Being Can be Difficult to Discuss—Annual Cognitive Assessments Break the Ice
Creyos Health is the first component of the Medcan Mind station, a program that is now a key component of the hallmark annual assessment offering. In only 15 minutes, the scientifically-validated Creyos cognitive assessment provides a report on the patient’s cognitive health. The report is then discussed with a mental health professional, who delves deeper into cognitive concerns and makes lifestyle recommendations or referrals to other medical professionals as needed. Annual assessment results are tracked year after year to demonstrate improvements, or spot potential areas of concern early.
Medcan chose Creyos Health for its immediate benefits to patients, practitioners, and the business. No specialized hardware is required, so it was easy to integrated into Medcan’s complex operations, and because the tests are fun and engaging, patients are happy to take them as part of their assessments. Mental health can be a sensitive topic, but practitioners have found Creyos Health to be an unimposing tool for beginning the important conversation.
Creyos Health Makes it Easy to Improve Patient Experiences and Expand the Business
With Creyos Health established in one line of business, Medcan will be expanding its focus on cognition, especially in their corporate offering. Workplace wellness is a growing trend, and Medcan will use Creyos Health to help corporate clients spot potential employee issues, then offer programs that track and improve mental wellness across the organization.
Do you offer health or wellness services? Use Creyos Health to expand or improve your practice. Try it for yourself—click here to set up a trial.